Higher Education Commission Advertisement Content/Concept Note Prime Minister’s National Innovation Award
The Prime Minister’s National Innovation Award (PMNIA), is an initiative of the Prime Minister’s Youth Programme executed by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. The PMNIA is providing an open opportunity for Pakistani youth within the age bracket of 15 to 30 years to propose innovative ideas and get funding as well as technical support to turn their ideas into a business.
The objectives of the Innovation Award are;
• Improving Pakistan’s Ranking in the Global Innovation Index,
• Foster Entrepreneurial Culture among the Youth
• Transforming Ideas into a Successful Businesses
The grant package of up to PKR 2M will be stretched over the startup proposed budget requirements for approved activities, including rigorous entrepreneurial training, legal training and support, and financial education and training among other services. The innovation challenge aims to support solutions to indigenous issues faced by our communities nationwide pertaining to the following thematic areas.
1. Food security
2. Water Management and Sustainability
3. Sustainable Energy
4. Urban planning
5. Climate Change and Environment
6. Information Technology and Telecom
7. Innovative Governance and Reforms
8. Sociology and Philosophy
9. Medical and Health Sciences
Startup Idea Submission Procedure: Startup Innovative Ideas / Concept Notes on prescribed application template and to be submitted via Prime Minister Youth Portal
Who can participate?
Youth of Pakistan aged between 15 to 30 years eligible to apply.
Why apply for National Innovation Award?
• If you have an innovative idea and money is a barrier to market it, then you must apply to
PM National Innovation Award and receive funding.
• Innovators will receive free of cost mentorship by the renowned development sector’s
expert, leading multi-national companies, local enterprises and leading employers.
• Through PMNIA, there will be extensive interaction of participating candidates with
academia, entrepreneurs, and industry.
• Complete support and facilitation will be provided to convert the ideas into reality.
• The top performing innovators participating in Prime Minister’s National Innovation
Award will get recognition at national/international level.
• Innovators will get exposure and can develop industrial linkages.
• Innovators will get a chance to commercialize your idea/start-up.
Deadline for Application Submission is: 15 November 2022