Vice Chancellor University of Chitral initiated Monsoon tree plantation campaign in University of Chitral. In this connection Department of Botany organized a seminar with the theme of “Monsoon Plantation Day celebration 2021, Plant for Pakistan”. Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr Zahir Shah was the chief Guest of the program. Other Guests in the program were;
- Sardar Farhad Ali (Divisional Forest Officer Chitral)
- Ajaz Ahmad (Assistant Director Forest Chitral)
- Muhammad Naseer Khan (Director Agriculture research station Seen Lasht Chitral)
- Fazal Haq (Assistant Professor and Head of Department of Botany GDC Chitral)
- Fakhruddin (Senior Research OfficerAgriculture research station Seen Lasht Chitral)
- Shafiq Ullah Khan (R.P.M) Snow Leopard Foundation Chitral
In his inaugural address Vice Chancellor said that Life on this planet including human beings is associated with plants. Our earth would be lifeless without plants. Plants make one of the fundamental components of an ecosystem. The world of today is facing some of the emerging challenges of Global warming, climate change, habitat degradation, loss of biodiversity, and food security. Trees help fight climate change. A barren land accommodates less biodiversity than a green land can do. With the increase in population, the vegetation cover of our country is shrinking at a great pace. Habitat degradation has become a common practice; therefore tree plantation has become inevitable. Vice Chancellor also planted a sapling in the lawn of University of Chitral. Nearly hundred saplings were planted by students and faculty members of the University of Chitral. Vice Chancellor thanked the guests for their precious time and participation.