Department of Management Sciences, University of Chitral organized a Five-Day Training Session on “Converging Pedagogy, Sustainability and Digital Technology to Foster Academic Leadership” at the University of Chitral Campus in collaboration with the University of Science and Technology, Bannu. The project is funded by the United States Education Foundation, Pakistan under US-Pakistan University Partnerships Grants Program 2022-2023 and the Lead Institute was the University of Science and Technology Bannu (USTB). The Project Lead (PI) of the program was Dr. Muhammad Zubair from USTB and Dr. Mansoor Ullah Baig was the Focal Person for the project at the University of Chitral. Under this project, initially, three faculty members namely Dr. Yasir Arafat, Dr. Syed Fahad Ali Shah, and Mr. Hafeez Ullah were provided Training of Trainers (ToT), and later the said faculty with the Master Trainers from USTB provided a Five-Day training to faculty members of various departments at University of Chitral.
The primary areas of the training were curricula, pedagogy, and research while considering sustainable development goals and digitization. Some of the main goals of the training were:
• To highlight modern approaches to teaching and learning.
• To demonstrate how can we make our courses student-centered and market-oriented.
• To ensure whether our degree programs are aligned with modern challenges or not.
• To discuss whether we exploit the latest technology for physical as well as for online classes.
• To highlight the challenges of online classes and how to convert those challenges into opportunities.
•To focus on research as a tool to enhance the depth of teaching
• To develop linkages among the universities through people-to-people interactions.
The closing ceremony was attended by Honorable Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. Zahir Shah, University of Chitral, and Honorable Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. Khair uz Zaman and Pro. Vice Chancellor Pro. Dr. Sultan Mehmood from the University of Science and Technology Bannu. The participant faculty were awarded certificates of participation by both the Vice Chancellors. At the occasion, both the Vice Chancellors addressed the participants, appreciated their efforts in professional development, and stressed university partnership in research and exchange of knowledge.