The legal cell of the University of Chitral is established to deal with the court cases and all legal matters pertaining to the university. It also supports the dynamic educational environment of the university by providing legal advice to foster sound decision making in all areas of operation, instruction and administration.
Vision & Mission:
The mission of the legal cell is to provide outstanding legal services in a responsive, efficient, prompt and professional manner to the University of Chitral, upholding the rule of law and defending the act, state, regulations, and rules of the University.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- It coordinates between the University/Schools/Departments/Centers and the University legal councils in handling the court cases.
- It also coordinates between the apex courts and the University and apprises the courts with the viewpoint of the University in various issues.
- The legal cell prepares partwise comments in the suits filed against the University of Chitral with the help of department/section concerned and make follow up in the court of law.
- It also coordinates between various departments/centers/sections and legal advisor(s) for obtaining advice on legal issues in day to day working of the University.
- It also advises the University on all legal matters, including disciplinary matters, service matters affiliation issues etc. wherever is required.
- It also assists the office of the registrar is preparing replies in various cases/appeals.
- It is also responsible for addressing legal issues arising out of the activities of the University.
- It is also responsible to hire legal panel to assist in the court of law.
- It performs any other duty/task assigned by the competent authority from time to time.