Sociology is the study of the various ways that people interact and organize themselves...in nations and families, cities and tribes, in factories, churches, schools and gangs. The Department has the honour to offer courses in various degree programmes like BS and Master in the subject of Sociology.
The department of Sociology is planning to establish a research cell containing all kind of journals and research study reports. To materialize the plan, the department administration is in constant struggle and with a firm hope of accomplishment soon. The Department of Sociology has signed MOUs with different INGOs and NGOs.
The future vision plan for improvement of quality of academic and research at the department contains the following steps:
- Launching a Research journal which will be multidisciplinary.
- Establishing Collaboration of the department with other universities for establishing exchange program.
- Organizing shorts courses in crucial areas like research methodology and population studies, and work on the proposed programs is in progress.
- To create trained sociologists to play dynamic role in the development of society.
- To promote empirical research among the students of sociology.
- To develop varied skills in students aiming at the solution of problems.
- To develop attitude of students on problems/issues to be faced effectively in future.
- To create awareness and sensitivity in students about their regional, national and global issues and to prepare them to solve such problems.