The Department of English Language & Literature at University of Chitral is one of the important departments of the University. It provides support to all departments and disciplines of the University by offering different courses. It is committed to enhancing, through the study of literature, the intellectual and cultural lives of its students, its faculty, and the individuals of the area. Through high quality instruction, research, and service, it works to sustain a deep level of critical, analytical, and creative thinking about literature and the world and to encourage habits of mind that serve as the foundation for a variety of future careers for University of Chitral students. Furthermore, as English is a second language on the campus, it addresses the needs of communication in English of all students who are admitted into the University of Chitral through English Orientation classes which imparts the basics of communication skills.
In accordance with the university motto “become what you want to be”, the department will offer a place where dreams are realized by nurturing knowledge and a love of literature and of language in our students. We will encourage a love of learning and usage of language and literature to promote tolerance, diversity, peace, stability, and harmony in a cultural landscape growing increasingly global.
- To train students read aesthetically, write effectively, think analytically, and interpret objectively
- To educate students to understand and take pleasure in studying comparative literatures
- To encourage a socio-humanistic outlook and to promote the culture of tolerance through literary studies
- To strengthen research skills academically and to inject it as a habit in social life/ OR as an academic requirement/necessity and as a healthy habit of inquiry
- To equip students with communicative skills
- To promote the culture of speaking English on campus
- To provide professionally skilled, morally sound, and socially useful persons to society
- In accordance with the university motto to help students to “become what they want to be”
The department of English works to achieve its objectives and to materialize its vision by fostering substantial understanding of literatures in English from various genres and time periods and by teaching students to comprehend the relation between literature and culture and the practicality of literature in understanding and beautifying human condition.
Admission & Eligibility Credibility Criteria
BS 4 Years Program (8 Semesters)
Eligibility: FA with at Least 45% marks
MA 2 Years Program (4 Semesters)
Eligibility: BA with at Least 45% marks
|1.||BS (4 Years)||40|
|2.||MA (2 Years)||40|