The Department of Computer Science offers a four-year program leading to either a BS degree in Computer Science. The specialization is determined by the choice of required and elective courses taken by a student. The programs are designed to meet the growing need for computer science experts in the rapidly evolving 21st century economy. Their mission is to provide graduates with strong Computer Science skills that will enable them to capitalize on the increasing career opportunities in the computer science sector, to expand the limits of their knowledge by pursuing further studies, and to explore innovative approaches to computer related problems. These specializations provide highly demanded expertise, a great mobility and flexibility, and an impressive range of possible career choices in the Computer Science industry.
The Strategic objectives of BSCS program are:
- To develop eLearning student with knowledge of concepts, theories, application and practices associated with the computer science field.
- To prepare eLearning student with an innovative practices related to computer science application and enhance the programming skills for solving computer science operations and strategies productivity in local and global platform.
- To provide eLearning student with an ability to use and analyze software programs tools effectively.
- To provide eLearning student with awareness of ethical, social, interpersonal and communication skills effectively.
- To develop eLearning student with refinement of analytical, logical and critical thinking.
- To Inculcate and enhance research abilities of students in respective fields.
- To prepare eLearning student with an ability to proper use of electronic media technologies for interacting with teachers appropriately in virtual environment.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Intermediate (equivalent to 12 years of education) with at least 45% marks.