In this criterion, any thing repugnant in the subject and context used vide infra:
- 'Affiliation' means affiliation with the University of Chitral.
- 'Affiliation Committee' means the committee, which guides the University regarding affiliation / do-affiliation of institution.
- 'Commission' means Higher Education Commission.
- 'Inspection committee' means the committee executing inspection of the institute.
- 'Institution' means the educational -institution seeking affiliation with the University.
- 'Prescribed' means prescribed by the University.
- 'Principal' means the head of the college or the chief executive of the institution applying for affiliation.
- 'Syndicate' means the Syndicate of the University of Chitral.
- 'Vice Chancellor' means Vice Chancellor of the University of Chitral.
- 'University' means the University of Chitral.
- The ownership of the institution shall vest in a body corporate and not in individual(s) or family, registered under the relevant laws of Companies Ordinance / Societies Registration act / trust as a foundation / society / trust. This shall not be required in case the institution is in the Public Sector.
- No ownership of the body corporate will be permissible after affiliation without prior approval of the University.
- The permission from the Directorate of Colleges Khyber Pakhtunkhwa be sought before applying to the University for affiliation.
- No Educational Institution situated within the territorial limits of the University shall, with the consent of University and sanction of Education Department for Provincial jurisdiction and the sanction of Commission for Federal Capital Territory, be associated in any way with or seek admission to the privileges of any other University.
- A copy of the registration deed alongwith a memorandum of association will be supplied to examine the objectives and credentials of the members. A brief profile of member of management should also be provided.
Application for Affiliation
- An Institution applying for affiliation to the University of Chitral shall make an application to Registrar of the University on a prescribed form by the University at least 6 month prior to the date from which affiliation is sought.
- In case of Government institutions, head of the institution will submit application through proper channel.
- In case of private institutions, it shall be under the management of a regularly constituted governing body.
- The governing body shall submit the application and no change in the ownership of the body will be permissible after affiliation without prior approval of the University.
- The application shall be processed by the Affiliation Committee and be recommended for grant or refuse affiliation to an educational institution for Syndicate.
Inspection and Processing Fee
- Government Institution: The application processing and visiting fee shall be Rs. 15,000 which. is to be deposited alongwith application. Similarly, Rs. 10,000 shall be charged for every revisit.
- Private Institution: The application processing and visit fee shall be Rs. 40,000 which is to be deposited alongwith application. Similarly Rs. 20,000 shall be charged for every revisit.
- The institution shall be located in a spacious, separate and independent building housed on the area of at least 4 kanals. However, the area of multi story building(s) covering 4000 sq ft area may be considered along with the other requisite requirements i.e Playground etc in case of Private Institutions. The premises should not be shared by any other institution, discipline or person. A No Objection Certificate from the local bodies regarding suitability of the proposed location for establishment of the college shall be provided.
- The site selected for the institution must be suitable from academic point of view Sustainable physical viability, availability of water, electricity, fuel gas, telephones must be ensured.
- The site existing or selected for the institution must be easily accessible to general public.
- The permission granted shall be restricted to a specified Place and for a particular subject. No sub-campus or branch shall be established or franchised.
Change in Premises
No change in premises will be made without prior permission from the University. The new site will be visited by the Affiliation Committee for approval.
Where an institution is proposed to be located in rented premises, the management shall ensure that the institution will acquire its own building within a period of five years preferably in a non residential area.
Institution in More than One Buildings
An affiliated institution can be allowed to function in more than one building provided that administrative and academic control is centralized and the buildings are within reasonable and convenient distance from each other. The Affiliation Committee shall be sole judge in this matter.
Adequate hostel facilities must be separately provided for male and female students admitted unless otherwise dispensed with.
Requirement of the Building
- Sufficient space in shape of classrooms, common room, library, laboratories and common room for girls is available with appropriate size not less than 16'x32’ sq. ft. for each section of a class not exceeding 40 in number.
- Size of laboratory in case of Basic / Natural and Applied Science subjects should be at least 20'x40' sq. ft.
- Institution shall have an auditorium, offices and class rooms of reasonable sizes. A ladies common room with attached toilet and staff room for the whole time/part time staff.
- Institution shall have adequate canteen, toilets, a dispensary and facility for indoor and outdoor games.
- Provision shall be made for well stocked library and well equipped laboratory facilities and other practical work where affiliation is sought in any branch of experimental science. Where affiliation is sought in IT fields due arrangements shall be made for imparting instructions in a well-equipped IT laboratory having Internet connectivity, which can cater to the course needs of students and teachers.
Strength of the Students
There will not be more than 40 students in a section. A minimum area of 12 sq. ft. per student should be provided in the class room.
The affiliated institution shall be responsible to provide premises for conducting the University Examination at least equal to the number of students they have admitted.
Principal, Teaching Staff and Library Staff
- The principal shall be a duly qualified whole time employee, and shall be paid accordingly.
- The institution shall have at !east 20 to 25 of the faculty with M.Phil / Ph. D degrees, particularly in the subjects of Basic Sciences; Computer Sciences; and Information Technology Subjects.
- The institution in private sector must possess 5O% of its teaching members employed on permanent basis with minimum prescribed qualification as Master’s degree from an accredited / chartered University in relevant subjects.
- The work load of the faculty should not exceed the limits prescribed by the University for affiliated institution in public sector.
- There shall be whole time qualified sports officer and librarian. They shall have master degree in relevant subjects.
- The librarian shall have at least one library assistant and other essential staff.
- Change in Principal or teaching staff with reasoning and justification shall be made under intimation to the University within 15 days, failing which an appropriate action will be taken by the University.
Library and internet Facility
- The library should be located in a covered area for at least 20 percent of the enrolled students.
- Initially books worth not less than Rs. 200,000 shall be purchased for library
- The library shall have at least 50 books per subject as reference books and at least 200 books per subject for supplementary reading. The Institution should spend at least Rs. 50,000/- per annum for updating the library by adding new editions and titles. The Institution should subscribe 10 daily newspapers and 5 weekly periodicals.
- The institution shall have Internet connectivity with appropriate number of computers depending upon the student's enrollment and the subjects offered.
The institution shall establish a book bank capable of providing prescribed text books to at least 10 percent of the students on roll.
Co-curricular & Health Care facilities
- The institution shall promote the extracurricular and recreational activities of students, and to make arrangements for promoting their health and general welfare.
- The institution shall ensure to provide co-curricular activities like debating contest, declamation contest, Quran Khawani, Naat Khawani, Holding of Mushayeras, Camp fire, boy scouts, Bids guides activities etc, Excursions to places of historical importance and student's visits to factories, stock exchanges, chambers of commerce & industries and other educational trips etc- shall also be arranged for augmenting the development of students;
- The indoor and outdoor facilities for games should be ensured to provide healthy out lets to the youngsters for imbibing the sense of competition and tolerance, The students should be encouraged to participate in one / two of the games. If Possible the facilities of gymnasium should also be made available.
- Services of a part-time Medical Officer shall be engaged who shall have medical equipment available to meet emergency cases.
Constitutional and culture
- The Institution shall frame proper rules regarding the efficiency and discipline of its staff and other employees.
- The institution shall be required to strictly comply with and respect the constitutional provisions, local laws, cultural and religious sensitivities;
- The institution must restrict to teaching training and co-curricular activities. Political or other activities detrimental to national, religious, social or local culture shall not be undertaken.
- The sponsors will provide career counseling and job search services to the students.
- The total number of students in evening classes shall not exceed more than 50% of the students admitted in the morning classes and enrollment in the evening classes will be granted only to those persons who are in service.
- The institution shall not be allowed to have evening classes only.
An authenticated attendance record of all students should be maintained and be displayed on the notice board in the first week of every succeeding month in accumulative form.
- The institution shall maintain record regarding students' admission, attendance, fee concession, appointment of staff, their joining reports, payment of salaries, stock register and accession register of library.
- The record shall not be removed from institution premises and remain available for inspection at all times by the Affiliation Committee.
Payment of the Salaries
- Whole time Faculty, Librarian, and Sports Officer shall be paid the minimum scales prescribed by the University for Commensurate Posts.
- All the salaries shall be paid through cheques. The salaries. exceeding Rs. 5,000 shall be paid through crossed cheques.
At least 10% of students be granted fee concession and scholarships on need basis.
Violation of Rules
- The institution shall follow all instructions / regulations issued by the University from time to time.
- Any affiliated institution may advertise in the print or other media.
- Any violation of the rules or deliberate misrepresentation of facts shall be treated as sufficient basis for the withdrawal of affiliation or to impose any penalty.
The courses of study and syllabi taught in Institution should be same as being followed by the University.
Examination and Evaluation
- All examinations leading to award of degrees / diplomas / certificates and their checking and evaluation be done by the University.
- The Institution shall not admit students for any degree / discipline except those to be awarded by the University under its seal.
- Subject to the satisfaction of University, the Institution is financially stable and has the ability to sustain a regular functioning and efficient working;.
- The Institution shall furnish such reports, returns and other information as the University may require, to enable it to judge the financial sustainability and soundness of the sponsors.
- The sponsors shall, prior to enrolling students will establish an endowment fund of Rupees one million, whose interests be utilized for refurbishing the laboratories and libraries and for provision of gadgets aimed at enhancing the quality of education.
- Working capital of at least Rs. 2.0 million lies with the Institution for smooth functioning of the affairs of Institution.
- Tangible assets in form of land, building etc. not less than Rs. 5.0 millions are in existence on ground.
- Above financial arrangements need to be supported by documentary evidence.
Inspection and Affiliation Requirements
- Affiliation shall be initially for one session. It .may be extended for further two sessions depending upon the performance as ascertained through inspection. The institution management must have to apply for grant of extension in affiliation on the prescribed form alongwith the prescribed processing/ visit fee up to 31st May of the relevant year.
- The validity period of the agreements shall be clearly agreed upon by the parties. Any provision or extension shall specify the requirements for review.
- No affiliation shall be granted with retrospective effect.
- The University shall have the-discretion to grant / suspend / cancel the affiliation in any subject. However the affected party has one right of appeal to the University authority according to rules.
- The University shall have the power to-constitute the Affiliation Committee and arrange for inspection at a time of its own choice and may pay surprise visits.
- In order to physically verify the detailed academic and physical infrastructure available with the Institution, the Affiliation Committee may like to conduct .a detailed survey of the Institution before grant of affiliation. The affiliation, however, will be granted subject-wise., That the Institution shall furnish such reports, return and other information as .the University may require, enabling if to judge efficiency and effectiveness of the Institution.
- Monitoring and inspection of Institution will be carried out by Affiliation Committee, when there exists substantial evidence on any aspect of the Institutional inefficiency or malfunctioning.
- The University may call upon any Institution to take such` action as it may deem necessary in respect of any of the matter specified under law from time to time.
- The University shall have full powers to take any action, it may consider appropriate including de-affiliation of an Institution, if it is found indulging in any subversive or
unlawful activity, or against provision of laws.
- The Institution shall be liable to provide facilities to the representatives of Higher Education Commission and University of visitation to enable them to verify that the
Institution is maintaining appropriate academic standards.
- The Institution shall furnish an annual statement of accounts to University with details of fees, donations and other income received and expenditure incurred duly
audited within two months of the close of every financial year.
- An inspection of Institution shall be held once a Year during first three years of its affiliation by the Inspection Committee constituted by the University and subsequently once in three years.
Formal Agreement for Affiliation
- All arrangements of affiliation between Institution and University Shall be agreed upon and formally written down as approved legal document and signed by Senior Authorized Representatives. Detailed arrangements for partnership should be set out clearly in the agreement and memorandum of understanding.
- The agreement shall take into account the scope of the arrangements,
responsibilities, financial arrangements, quality control mechanism mode and
means of payments validity period, procedure for resolution of difference and
review and visitation;
- The agreement shall clearly spell out the provisions for quality control mechanism
including monitoring, assessment procedures and review and visitation;
- Termination of affiliation should safeguard the interests of the students and should be duly notified to the general public and Higher Education Commission.
- Institutions maintained by the Government: The head of the institution shall at the time of applying for affiliation produce No Objection Certificate from the Department of Government concerned in regards-to financial and administrative implications for starting new department / subjects in the institution.
- Private institutions: In case of private institutions, the applicant shall deposit a security fee as prescribed, for each category. The security can be used for the purpose of recovery and balance / penalty outstanding towards institution payable to the University.
Constitution of Affiliation Committee
- The Affiliation Committee shall consist of;
- A chairperson to be nominated by the syndicate
- Two professors to be nominated by the academic council
- Two teachers to be nominated by the syndicate.
- The Directorate of Colleges / A senior principal of any Government College of District Chitral to be nominated by the syndicate.
- The term of office of the members of the committee, other than ex-officio members, shall be two years.
- The Affiliation Committee may co-opt not more than three experts who shall be counted for the quorum of an inspection by the Affiliation Committee.
- The quorum for the meeting of, or an inspection by the Affiliation Committee shall be three.
- The Deputy registrar, dealing with the affiliation cases, or such other person, as may be designated by the Vice Chancellor for this purpose, shall act as Secretary to the Committee.
Functions of the Affiliation Committee
The functions of the Affiliation Committee shall be to
- Inspect the educational institution seeking affiliation with or admission to the privileges of the University and to advise the syndicate thereon.
- Inquire into complaints alleging breach of conditions of affiliation by affiliated colleges and to advise the syndicate thereon.
- Perform such other functions, as may be prescribed by the regulations.
Special conditions for grant of Affiliation
Schedule of Security Fees
[table id=19 /]
Furthermore, Rs.10000/- shall be charged as affiliation fee from the Private / Public Institutions Non-refundable per subject per programme in addition to the Security Fee & other Fee.
Teaching Staff and Other Condition
- Undergraduate Colleges: Principal2 and teaching staff having at least master degree in relevant subject; principal having five year teaching/administrative experience of any reputed institution. For each subject of experimental science, a separate / independent well equipped laboratory shall be established.
- Postgraduate Colleges: There shall be minimum seven teachers for a master degree course out of which at least one Ph. D / M. Phil / foreign qualified permanent member. For each subject of experimental science, a separate / independent well-equipped laboratory shall be established. At least five hundred title books should be available in the post graduate library.
- Commerce / Management Science Colleges: There shall be minimum six permanent teachers out of which at least three shall have ~ M, Com / MBA or equivalent degree. There shall be a computer laboratory properly equipped to accommodate 20 percent of the admitted students at a time.
- Law Colleges: Principal of a law college shall be full time .employee of the college having master degree in law with at least ten year teaching experience or bachelor degree in law with fifteen year teaching experience from a reputed institution. There shall be at least six whole time teachers with relevant academic qualifications. The minimum required number of library books is 500 excluding reports and journals. The library of Law College should subscribe at least two reputable international law journals or access to law journals through internet. Furthermore there should be at least one set of all law reports published in Pakistan.
- Pharmacy Colleges: There shall be minimum 8 teachers for B Pharmacy and 12 teachers for Pharm D classes in the following disciplines.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
There shall be one PhD teacher in each discipline. Principal of the college shall be full time employee having PhD degree in any of the above mentioned disciplines with at least ten year teaching / research experience in relevant field from a reputed institution. For each discipline, a separate / independent welt-equipped laboratory shall be established. At least five hundred title books should be available in the Library.